Wednesday, April 13, 2011

incase you need a pick me UP

 National Geographic created a real life version of the floating house from the movie "UP!". 
Not only is the little periwinkle-trimmed yellow cottage my dream home
but attach hundreds of colorful balloons to the roof and I'm in realestate heaven.  
I mean, that stuff only happens in Pixar movies, right?! 
National Geographic partnered with a team of scientists, engineers, and two world class balloon pilots to launch the house up into the air.  
The 16' by 16', 18' tall house was held up by three-hundred 8' colored weather balloons when it was set off from a Los Angeles private airport.  
This event even set a new world record for the largest balloon cluster flight ever attempted.  
pretty darn amazing!?
(Images 1 - 5 via National Geographic. Images 6-7 via Google)

1 comment:

  1. <3... maybe we should paint our house like that! ...and buy some weather balloons! That movie had Ryan and I both sobbing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete